Business Writing with Positive Impact
Let’s face it: poor business writing can cost your company more than just money. It can create an unfavorable impression, foster misunderstandings and waste time. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
This course will teach you formulas for success in written communication. You will learn step by step how to produce clear and direct emails, letters, proposals and copy for ads and public announcements. The training is interactive, fast-paced, fun, and full of tips and techniques you can use immediately.
|Los Angeles||Apr 1 !||Register|
|Los Angeles||May 13 !||Register|
|Chicago||May 13 !||Register|
|Chicago||Jun 26 !||Register|
|Los Angeles||Jun 26 !||Register|
|Los Angeles||Aug 14||Register|
|Los Angeles||Sep 23||Register|
* Class almost full ! Class guaranteed to run Ŧ Class is full
This Business Writing course covers:
- Relevant writing for your audience
- 3 Step formula for positive and effective communication
- Checklist for standard writing guidelines
- Proper use of reference tools, cite information, and templates
- Avoid common errors in grammar and layout
- Best strategy for internal vs. external & formal vs. informal writing
- Determine style, layout and add visual elements
- 3 Step Formula Of Positive And Effective Communication
- How to Construct a Thesis Statement
- Develop Outline with Concise Supporting Points
Principles of Writing Well
- Organizational Schemes for Writing
- 5 Standard Guidelines for Formal Correspondence
- 5 Guidelines for Informal Correspondence (including use of Instant Messages, Email, and Blogs)
- Grammar and Word Choice Review
- Recommended Reference Tools and How to Use Them
- Topic Do’s and Don’ts and Professional Responsibility
- Format references appropriately: MLA, APA, Chicago Style, AMA, Turabian, Internet
Corporate Communications Examples
- Cover letters, Resumes, Letters of Recommendation, Resignation and Termination
- Office Announcements, Signage and Acknowledgements
- Meeting Notices, Agendas & Minutes
- Write Apologies, Reporting an Incident
- Writing for Sales Impact, Customer Service, Networking and Follow-up Email
- Write Business Proposals
Styles, Layouts and Visuals Effects
- What it Means to be Easy on the Eye
- Appropriate Use of Visual Elements and Labeling
Business Writing Training Manual
Certificate of Course Completion
6 Months FREE Repeat Policy
Training Connection, 230 W Monroe Street, Suite 610, Chicago, IL 60606.
Training Connection, 915 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1800, Los Angeles CA 90017.
Jeanette took the time to understand my personal goals for the class and to understand my business needs for attaining these goals. She was very knowledge and able to adapt the material to my needs!
Overall, this was an incredible use of my time. I look forward to using the notes from this class on a daily basis. Thanks a million!!"
I am definitely recommending this session to others - thank you so much, I already feel empowered with knowledge!"