Illustrator Bootcamp Training Course
This is our most comprehensive Illustrator course, taking you from beginner to master in 5 days. Our trainer will take you step-by-step through a series of Real World projects and show you how the best professional designers use Adobe Illustrator in the Real World. You will learn hundred of tips, tricks, techniques and shortcuts so that you master this program. By the end of the week, you'll be designing complex illustrations.
Live face-to-face instructor. No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
This course is ideal for designers, marketers and anyone who is pursuing a career in graphic design. No prior experience of Illustrator is needed. Training available on both Mac and PC.
View our full range of Adobe Illustrator courses, or see below for the detailed outline for Illustrator Bootcamp.
5 Days | $1695.00
Detailed course outline
- Introduction: Interface & Navigation
In this lesson, you will explore the interface and navigation of Adobe Illustrator - the World's no. 1 vector editing program.
- Create a New Document
- Navigate the Illustrator Interface
- Get familiar with Panels and Working with Objects
- Icon Design
In this lesson, you will create basic icon shapes to begin to master some of the key fundamental features and tools in Illustrator.
- Work with Various Shapes & Lines
- Transform Shapes
- Combine and Manipulate Shapes
- The Pen Tool: Tracing & Coloring Artwork
In this lesson, you will use the ultimate precision path creation tool in Illustrator, the Pen Tool.
- Learn about Vector Paths
- Learn to use the Pen Tool
- Other Path Manipulation Tools
- Type Basics
In this lesson, you will learn the fundamentals of working with text and text formatting in Adobe Illustrator.
- Learning about the Type of Text for any Design
- Working with Fonts
- Using the Character Panel to Format Text
- Rock 'n' Roll Vector Poster Design
In this lesson, you will take what you have learned so far as well as a few new features, to create an event poster.
- Practice Creating and Arranging Text
- Work with and Modify Vector Graphics
- Learn One Way how to Distort Text Creatively
- Exporting for the Web
In this lesson, we will be exploring the best way to finish your artwork and export it for websites, social media and beyond.
- Prepping your Artwork for Export
- Exporting Ad & Export for Screens
- Learn about Save for Web Legacy
- Compounding Shapes
In this lesson, you will learn how to combine shapes into a single shape known as compound shape.
- Learn what Compound Shapes really are
- Create Compound Shapes
- Use Compound Shapes to Create Complex Art
- Complex Shapes
In this lesson, you will use the powerful Pathfinder Tool to create compound and other types of unique custom shapes.
- Access and Use the Pathfinder Panel
- Shape Modes vs Pathfinders
- Use the Pathfinder to Create Compound Shapes
- The Pathfinder in Practice
In this lesson, you will harness the power of the Pathfinder Panel and some new techniques to create some logos.
- Outlining Text
- Use Graphics to Create Texture for Artwork
- Learn to Layout your Logo before Combining Elements
- Use & Create Symbols
In this lesson, you will learn about Symbols in Illustrator. This will allow you to save your art and then distribute it in various ways.
- What are Symbols?
- Create Symbols
- Use Symbols in your Artwork
Time to delve deeper into the world of typography and explore more panels and text path effects to expand your artistic abilities.
- Character & Paragraph Panel Properties
- Add Text to Paths
- Manipulate Text on Paths
- The Gate: Feature Film
Use what you have learned in previous lessons in some new ways to create a title for a feature film and brand called THE GATE.
- Working with Text to Format a Feature Title
- Add Texture to a Title in Illustrator
- Manipulate Text using the Knife Tool
- Color like a Pro
Jump into Illustrator Swatches panel to manage and create color. We will also explore setting up a more convenient color workflow for projects.
- Learn about the Swatches Panel
- Create new Colors and Groups
- Learn more efficient Color Workflows
- Social Media: Design & Workflow
Use your skills in Illustrator and the power of multiple artboards to create several social posts tailored for the most popular networks.
- Working across Multiple Artboards
- Working with Standard Social Media Sizes for Artwork
- Batch Export your Social Media Posts efficiently
- Dance for Me: Puppet Warp Project
In this lesson, we will explore one of the newer features known as the Puppet Warp Tool. This tool allows you to articulate vector images in a fluid way.
- Learn about the Puppet Wrap Tool
- What Type of Art is best for the Puppet Wrap Tool
- Apply and Use the Puppet Wrap Tool
- Tool Exploration
In this lesson, you will use Illustrator's weird WARP tools to enhance text elements. You have used them before, but now it's time to go further.
- Learn about all the Warp Tools
- Explore some of the Warp Tool Options
- Use Warp Tools to creatively Warp text
- Cross-Application Roundtripping
In this lesson, we are going to take art created in the previous lesson and move it to Photoshop to add texture and more.
- Moving Vector Content to Photoshop
- Enhancing Vectors in Photoshop
- Sending Information from Photoshop to Illustrator
- Zombie Party! Multi-page Brochure
In this lesson, you will harness all that you've learned as well as learn a few more tricks to create a Zombie Party brochure for print.
- Setting up a Project for Print
- Create and Use Multiple Graphic Elements
- Finish and Save your File for Print
- Faux 3D Buttons - Advanced Design Techniques
In this lesson, you will use the powerful Appearance panel to create a simulated 3D button - a skill that can be used to crate amazing art in Illustrator.
- Learn how to Work with the Appearance Panel
- Use the Gradients Panel to Create Paux-ganic Texture
- Manage Layers and Groups of Layers for Better Design
- Infographic Design
In this lesson, you will harness Illustrator graphing tools and other features to create infographics.
- Working with the Graphing Tools
- Get Creative with Gradients to Create Shadow Effects
- Work 3D to Enhance Graphs
- Typography-Based Design Work
In this lesson, you will use several tools and techniques to create a Typography-based poster.
- Work with Warping Text
- Use the Appearance Panel to Create Multiple Strokes
- Use Tools and Techniques to Change Visibility of Text
- Advanced Tracing - Live Trace & Live Paint
This lesson will delve into Illustrator's power conversion features Live Trace and Live Paint to explain the good, the bad and ugly.
- Live Trace and all Live Trace Options
- Live Paint and Add Color to Vector Art
- Learn about the Types of Art that are better as Vectors
- Repetitive Art - Patterns & Transformations
In this lesson, you will use Illustrator's amazing Pattern Maker as well as a few hidden features to create amazing repetitive artwork.
- Make Patterns in Illustrator
- Use Anchor Points and Transforms
- Use the Transform Effect
- Advanced Blending Modes
In this exercise, we will use the infamous Blending Modes to create complex blending effects on your images.
- Learn about Blending Modes
- Apply Blending Modes to your Layers
- What are the most Popular Blending Modes in Design
- Text & Graphics: Formatting Techniques
In this lesson, you will learn more methods on combining text and graphics to create a one-page article.
- Format and Connect Text Boxes
- Wrap Text around a Graphic
- Use a Gradient Mesh to Create Graphics
- Vector Brushes
In this lesson, you will not only learn how to use vector brushes in Illustrator, you will learn how to create them.
- Use and Define Brushes
- Add Brush Art to Existing Paths
- Create Vector Brushes
- Vector 3D Art
In this lesson, you will use 3D Effects in Illustrator to create two very different types of 3D vector artwork.
- Learn about the Extrude & Bevel Effect
- Learn about the Revolve Effect
- Position your 3D Artwork
- Raster & Vector - Mixing Artwork
In this lesson, you will learn how to combine Raster and Vector graphic design together and learn how to manage their relationship in Illustrator.
- Learn more about Raster Graphics in Illustrator
- Work with the Mighty Appearance Panel
- Create Vector Elements for your Raster Graphic
- Advanced Color - Conversions & beyond
In this lesson, you will learn use some of the most powerful coloring features in Illustrator to alter and convert your artwork.
- Create Professional Color Combinations
- Convert and Alter Colors
- Learn how to Reduce Colors in your Artwork
- Perspective - Design Workflow
Use the powerful Perspective Grid in Illustrator to create 3D looking perspective vector artwork.
- Learn about the Perspective Grid
- Create a perspective Logo from Scratch
- Manipulate Elements on the Grid
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered on a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.
230 W Monroe St
IL 60606View Map
Guaranteed to Run Limited Seats Left
Class times: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Servicing Arlington Heights, Aurora, Bollingbrook, Chicago Loop,
Deerfield, Des Plaines, Evanston, Highland Park, Joliet, Naperville,
Schaumburg, Skokie, South Chicago and surrounding areas.
915 Wilshire Blvd
CA 90017View Map
Guaranteed to Run Limited Seats Left
Class times: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Servicing Anaheim, Burbank, Covina, Downtown, Fullerton,
Irvine, Long Beach, Northridge, Pasadena, San Bernardino,
Santa Monica, Van Nuys, Ventura and surrounding areas.