Quickstart Training Course
This 1-day beginner class is designed to get you up and running quickly in Adobe Illustrator. You will create icon shapes, learn to use the pen tool and other manipulation tools, incorporate type into your artwork, create an event poster, and prepare your images for the Web and social media.
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Training Manual
- FREE Class Repeat (valid for 6 months)
Live face-to-face instructor
No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
This course is ideal for designers, marketers and anyone who is pursuing a career in graphic design. No prior experience of Illustrator is needed. Training available on Mac and PC.
Detailed Course Outline
- Create a New Document
- Navigate the Illustrator Interface
- Get familiar with Panels and Objects
- Work with Various Shapes & Lines
- Transform Shapes
- Combine and Manipulate Shapes
- Work with Object Transforms
- Learn about Vector Paths
- Learn to use the Pen Tool
- Other Path Manipulation Tools
- Learning about the type of text for any design
- Working with fonts
- Using the Character panel to format text
- Properly setting up your project
- Practice Creating and Arranging Text
- Work with and Modify Vector Graphics
- Learn One Way how to Distort Text Creatively
- Saving and Archiving Projects
- Prepping your Artwork for Export
- Export As function
- Learn about Save for Web Legacy
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered in a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.