Advanced Training Course
This course is aimed at existing Photoshop users who need to improve their workflow by learning the more advanced features.
You will cover topics including Advanced Selections, Retouching and Color Correcting, Working in Perspective, Advanced Compositing, Lighting Effects, Camera Raw, and more
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Training Manual
- FREE Class Repeat
Live face-to-face instructor.
No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
This course is ideal for designers, marketers and anyone who is pursuing a career in graphic design. No prior experience of Photoshop is needed. Training available on both Mac and PC.
View our full range of Adobe Photoshop training courses, or see below for the detailed outline for Photoshop Advanced.
Detailed Course Outline
Levels offer greater control than Brightness/Contrast and Color Balance. In this exercise you will fix several photo's color and contrast using Levels.
- Color Correction with Adjustments Layers vs Adjustment Filters
- What is Tone?
- What is a Histogram?
- Levels Adjustment Explained
- Practical Work with Levels
- Repairing Photos
- Channel Manipulations with Levels
- Preset Levels
Use the most powerful color and tonal correction tool in Photoshop to repair, correct and stylize images and graphics.
- The Curves Tool Explained
- Setting White, Black, and Gray Points
- Setting Midpoints
- Saving and Loading Curves Presets
- Correcting Tone & Color
- Setting White, Black, and Gray Points
- Channel Manipulations with Curves
Retouch any image by removing blemishes such as acne, scarring and more. Go into the settings of popular healing tools and tweak the features to optimize your retouching workflow.
- Understanding Healing & Awareness
- Using the Clone Stamp Tool
- Using the Spot Healing Tool
- Using the Healing Brush Tool
- Using the Patch Tool
- Removing Blemishes & Stray Hairs
Take retouching to the next level by using tools and professional techniques to remove blemishes, smooth out skin tone and replace skin texture.
- The Power of Frequency Separation In Theory and Practice
- Creating High and Low Frequency Layers
- Isolating Skin Texture
- Isolating Skin Tone
- Re-combining Layers
- Using Masks & Brushes for Airbrush Effect
Radically manipulate pixels using one of Photoshop's most powerful distortion tools. Become a digital plastic surgeon!
- An Overview of the Liquify Panel
- Brush Tool Options
- Using the Liquify Filter: Bloat, Pucker, Forward Warp, Restoration Tools
- Artistic Retouching of Facial Features
- Having fun with Face-Aware
- Freezing and Unfreezing
- Creating Your Own Alien
- Losing weight without a diet
Use the Displacement Filter to map one image over another.
- What is Displacement?
- How Displacement is used Professionally
- Displacement Workflow
- Creating a Displacement Map
- Working with Displacement Filter
- Improving the Distortions
Blending Modes are one of the most powerful secret weapons in graphic design. They allow you to blend one layer with another in various ways to creatively composite your images together.
- About Blending Modes
- Experimenting with different Blend Modes (Screen, Multiply, Overlay)
- Using the Color Blending Mode to Tint an Image
- Mask Blending
- Adding Scars and Blood
Learn how to use Photoshop to map images accurately in perspective.
- Manually putting in perspective
- Manually Editing Perspective
- Using Perspective Filters
- Troubleshooting perspective issues
- Selecting In Perspective
- Healing In Perspective
Learn methods to match or compliment one image’s color to another - making them look as if they belong in the same scene.
- A Over B
- It’s All About Selections
- Lighting & Shadow
- Backlight Technique
- Matching Color
- Curves Color Channels
- Contrast Matching
- Clipping Masks
- Matching Noise/Grain
From Jedi sabers to Bar Signs - these Photoshop Effects will have you creating some amazing effects art.
- Compositing Lighting Effects
- Creating & Working with Flares
- Creating A Neon Sign
- Techniques for Sabers
Learn to make text look more organic with these mapping techniques and filters.
- Endless Possibilities of Organic Text
- Text Out of Grass
- Working with Smoke
Use one of the most advanced techniques to make highly complex selections.
- Select & Mask Review
- Going off-road with Procedurals
- It’s All About Channels
- Working with Levels to create contrast maps
- Configuring your Selection Brushes to isolate edges
- Selecting Hair - No Easy Thing
- Employing the Burn and Dodge Tool
Learn the power of Photoshop Brushes and Patterns through the newly updated and enhanced preset panels.
- How to use and access both new and legacy brushes
- Create and customize brushes and brush settings
- Brush across paths
- Working with organic brushes
- How patterns and brushes work together
High-end digital cameras can save images in the RAW format, which contains extra data obtained for the camera's sensor. Adobe Camera Raw helps you process these higher quality RAW images.
- Opening & Editing Raw Files
- Camera Raw Panels
- Editing Color and Tone
- Fixing Exposure Issues
- Selective Corrections
- Applying Grades to Multiple Photos
- Removing Noise
- DeHaze Images
- Saving Settings and Versions
- Opening Images in Photoshop
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered in a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.