Advanced Training Course
This advanced class consists of 12 different projects that cover the more advanced features of Adobe Illustrator.
Our instructors will lead you step-by-step through each project, teaching the correct workflow, how to master each tool and show you useful shortcuts to speed up your production. This hands-on training is a proven method for those looking to master Illustrator.
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Training Manual
- FREE Class Repeat (valid for 6 months)
Live face-to-face instructor
No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
Students should have already completed our Fundamentals class or have the equivalent experience prior to attending this course. Training available on Mac and PC.
View our full range of Illustrator training courses, or see below for the detailed outline for Illustrator Advanced.
Detailed Course Outline
- Learn how to work with the Appearance panel
- Use the Gradients panel to create textures
- Manage layers and groups for better design
- Working with the graphing tools
- Gradients and Shadow Effects
- Work with 30 to enhance graphs
Typography-based poster and more.
- Work with warping text
- Working with the Appearance panel
- Text tools and techniques
- Learn about the Image Trace workflow
- Use Live Paint to add color to vector artwork
- Learn about the types of vector art
- Make patterns in Illustrator
- Use Anchor Points and Object Transforms
- Use the Transform effect
- Learn about Blending Modes
- Apply Blending Modes to your layers
- Working with Blending Modes
- Format and connect text boxes
- Wrap text around a graphic
- Use a Gradient Mesh to create graphics
- Use and define Brushes
- Add brush art to existing paths
- Create vector brushes
- Learn about the Extrude & Bevel Effect
- Learn about the Revolve Effect
- Position your 3D Artwork
- Learn more about raster graphics in Illustrator
- Work with the mighty Appearance panel
- Create vector elements for your raster graphic
- Create professional color combinations
- Convert and alter colors
- Learn how to reduce colors in your artwork
- Learn about the Perspective Grid
- Create a perspective logo from scratch
- Manipulate elements on the grid
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered in a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.