Quickstart Training Course
This 1-day beginner class is designed to get you up and running quickly in Photoshop. You will learn basic photo retouching, color correction, selections, replacing backgrounds, adding type, and preparing your images for print and web.
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Training Manual
- FREE Class Repeat (valid for 6 months)
Live face-to-face instructor
No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
This course is ideal for designers, marketers and anyone who is pursuing a career in graphic design. No prior experience of Photoshop is needed. Training available on Mac and PC.
This 6-hour class is meant to get you started fast. If you want to learn Photoshop in greater depth, check out our 18-hour Photoshop Fundamentals class or view our full range of Adobe Photoshop training courses.
Detailed Course Outline
- What’s new in the current version?
- Raster vs Vector
- Creating A New Document
- Workspaces Overview
- Opening an Image
- Place Embed vs Place Linked
- Interface Layout and Navigation
- Understanding Workspaces
- Fixing Blemishes using the Spot
- Healing Tool
- Fixing Blemishes using the Healing Brush Tool
- Removing and modifying element using the Clone Stamp Tool
- Using the Patch Tool group fixes
- Removing Red Eye with the Red Eye Tool
- Using Marquee Tools
- Using the Magic Wand
- Using the Quick Select Tool
- The Object Selection Tool
- Redefining the Selection in QuickMask Mode
- Erasing/Deleting vs Layer Masks
- Creating Text & adding Effects
- Adding a Drop Shadow
- Working with Layer Styles
- Using Magic Wand Tool
- Image Compositing
- Replacing Backgrounds
- Working with Brightness & Contrast
- Working with Color Balance
- Make a Selection using the Polygonal Lasso tool
- Desaturate the Background to make the Foreground "Pop"
- Managing in the Layers Panel
- Adding basic type
- Warping Text
- Resizing an Image for the Web
- Saving Images as JPEGs
- Reducing the Image File Size
- Adding Metadata
- Comparing GIF and PNG
- Saving as GIF and PNG
- Web Transparency
- Saving to the Cloud v Computer
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered in a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.