Working with Contacts in Outlook
Outlook has some great tools for working with contacts. This article will show you how to customize a contact’s business card, which can really provide impact if you are including it in messages or sharing it in other ways. We’ll also learn how to forward a contact.
These topics are covered in our Advanced Microsoft Outlook course.
Need to maximize you use of the tools available in Microsoft Outlook? Our private Outlook training workshops are a great way to master Outlook and improve your productivity.
Call us on 888.815.0604 and we'll talk you through a few options that best suits your training requirements.
Modifying a Business Card
To edit a business card, use the following procedure.
- Open the contact for whom you want to edit the business card.
- Select Business Card.
In the Edit Business Card dialog box, you can view the business card in the upper left corner. Download an Outlook Cheat Sheet.
The upper right section allows you to change the Card Design.
- To include an image, select Change.
- In the Add Card Picture dialog box, navigate to the picture you want to use and select OK.
- Select an option from the Layout drop down list to adjust the image position on the card.
- Enter or select a percentage of space from the Image area field to adjust the image size.
- Select an option from the Image Align drop down list to further adjust the image position on the card, in relation to the layout.
- Select Background to choose a color for the business card.
- The bottom section allows you to include additional information and change the formatting of each field.
- Highlight the Field Name on the left side. You can add or remove fields and rearrange the order of the fields using the buttons at the bottom of the list.
- Edit the information for that field, if desired.
- Use the text size, enhancements, alignment, and color tools to adjust the text for that field.
- Select OK when you have finished editing the business card. Or select Reset Card to remove any changes you have made.
Download a FREE trial of Microsoft Outlook.
Forwarding a Contact
To forward a contact, use the following procedure.
- Open the contact that you want to send to another person.
- From the Contact tab on the Ribbon, select Forward.
Select one of the following:
- As a Business Card - to forward the information as a business card attachment in internet format.
- In Internet Format - to forward the information to someone else as a vcard.
- As an Outlook Contact - to forward the information to someone else in Outlook format.
- As a Text Message - to forward the information to someone else in SMS (text message) format. This option is only available if your account has SMS enabled.
- As a Multimedia Message - to forward the information to someone else in MMS format through a service provider. This option is only available if your account has this service.
- Outlook opens a new email message with the contact information attached in the format you selected.
Also see Outlook Contact Groups