Advanced Training Course
This 2-day advanced class is aimed at existing InDesign users who need to create more complex projects like books or decks, as well as learn how to improve productivity by using some of the more advanced features in InDesign.
Our instructors will lead you step-by-step through 10 unique projects. These include a movie poster, a restuarant menu, how to format copy using GREP, a novel (including cover and table of contents), a pitch deck, interactive presentations and much more.
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Training Manual
- FREE Class Repeat (valid for 6 months)
Live face-to-face instructor
No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
It is recommended that you complete the InDesign Fundamentals class prior to commencing this training. Training available on Mac and PC.
View our full range of InDesign training courses, or see below for the detailed outline for InDesign Advanced.
Detailed Course Outline
- lnfographics tools & techniques
- Working with Compound Paths in lnDesign
- The Illustrator relationship
- Repetititve design tips & tricks
- Outputting options for presentations
- Stylizing Tables & Content
- Excel and Text to lnDesign Tables
- Text to Table Conversions
- Creative Table Design and more!
- Two Ways of Adding GREP in your Projects
- Composing a GREP Phrase
- Using GREP to apply conditions
- GREP in Paragraph and Character Styles
- The Anatomy of a Book
- Setting up a standard trade book
- Creating Book Styles for easy formatting
- Formatting, Numbering & Defining Content
- Importing content from Word files and more!
- Eliminate "Runts" or Forced Line Breaks
- Preparing content for a TOC
- Creating a table of contents
- Stylizing a table of contents
- Prepping a document for an Index
- Creating an Index
- Working with Scripts to manage data
- What are XMLs? How are they used?
- Setup for 6" x 9" Trade Book with 200 Pages
- Creating a document with a Spine
- Manipulating multiple pages as one document
- Working with Photoshop and lnDesign
- Working with Importing layered content
- Documents vs Book Projects
- INDB File Formats
- Anatomy of the Book Panel
- Synchronizing, Preflighting, Error Reporting
- Creating a Presentation or Pitch Deck document
- Defining and labeling Sections
- Setting up Pitch Deck Master Pages
- Creative Continuity with Master Pages
- Creative Page Titles with FX
- Working with Object Styles
- Formatting Text using Styles and Next Style
- Creating a Gallery-Style TOC
- Understanding Clippings Masks
- Creating a Clipping Mask
- Pitch Deck Tweaks
- Exporting for PowerPoint, Web, PDF & Print
- Exploring Interactive PDFs
- Create and manage Hyperlinks
- Interactive In-Document Navigation
- How to embed Video and Audio
- Buttons and Forms menu
- Testing & Exporting an Interactive PDF
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered in a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.