Quickstart Training Course
This 1-day beginner class is designed to get you up and running quickly in InDesign. You will learn to layout pages with text and graphics. In no time at all you will be able to control typography, add photos, create/use colors, and more!
The training consists of 5 unique Real World projects.
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Color Training Manual
- FREE Class Repeat (valid for 6 months)
Live face-to-face instructor
No minimum class size - all classes guaranteed to run!
No prior experience of InDesign is needed. Training available on Mac and PC.
This 6-hour class is meant to get you started fast. If you want to learn InDesign in greater depth, check out our 18-hour InDesign Fundamentals class or view our full range of Adobe InDesign training courses.
Detailed Course Outline
- New document settings
- Navigating the interface
- InDesign fundamental workflows
- The anatomy of a frame
- Working with and re-sizing text frames
- Importing and managing graphics
- Importing and managing text
- Creating a document for Print
- Setting the bleed
- Working with titles and subtitles
- Creating decorative elements
- Simple layout sketching
- Working with a multi-column document
- Placing and formatting images
- Text wrapping
- Setting up the document as a 2-Page spread
- Working with facing pages
- Working with and formatting bulleted lists
- Working with FX to solve object issues
- Working with decorative fonts
- Printing as a spread
- Simple web export
Our outlines are a guide to the content covered in a typical class. We may change or alter the course topics to meet the objectives of a particular class.